Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The weather - a place to start

There is sun, sun and sun. But I am not complaining. Today was one of the few days of actual weather. It rained. Which was nice. But having said that: being able to wear flip-flops, shorts and a t-shirt (out doors) in January is to a swede something of a dream come true. Granted, you can't wear that all the days, but even so.

Having sunlight after 4 pm is also rather pleasant. Especially when you are used to the oppressive darkness of Vintersverige (Winter-Sweden). The cold might seem like the part that makes winter hard but it is the combination of cold with darkness that does the trick. A cold but sunny and snow filled winter day, with every snow crystal participating, is a thing of marvel.

3 comments:

Stick said...

Go, blog brother!

(I love the page title, even if I don't know the exact reference.)

While I am Green with the Envy of shorts-compatible weather, we've actually had some of that nice, bright, snow-covered ground for a few days. And it is beautiful. (Melting now, though.)

Going to put linky here from my blog, soon as I get a second.

Now I'm off to fix dad's computer.

Again.

Anonymous said...

Well as David commented... even though I also envy you, it's kind of nice in wintery Sweden right now. It's been snowing all day. But I guess that I will start hating the cold in a day or two again.

Mange said...

Hey Emil!
Well as I'm sure you can tell I do miss the snow a bit. But only a bit.