Thursday, August 20, 2009

Who You Fight With

One of our neighbours, Larry, said something interesting yesterday as he was talking about his time in Oslo. He had noticed that while Americans fight with each other as they get drunk, Norwegians (and I would say Swedes as well) seemed to wrestle with themselves in a similar intoxicated state of mind. He mentioned that they walked around screaming but that there really wasn't any actual fights. I wonder if this is part of the Scandinavian mindset, to be more self-critical and in a constant wrestling match with yourself. I guess you could argue that Scandinavians when they drink gets too drunk even to fight, but that seems a bit far fetched.

3 comments:

En blogg om en Båt och andra saker said...

Hej Magnus!

Nu har jag SKYPE telefon, men ingen svarar!

Har lämnat telesvar

Vi hörs // Ola

Mange said...

Tjena Ola,
Hörde ditt meddelande igår kväll, vi var borta hela dagen. Hur har du haft det på resan?

/Mange

Stick said...

Hmmmm! Contrast and compare,

American: "I don't understand you. What's wrong with you?"

European: "I don't understand you. What's wrong with me?"