Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday evening

It is now less than two weeks to the wedding and the preparations seem to be going in the right direction. Next Sunday Autumn and I will be going up to Lompoc. Soon after that family and friends will arrive from Sweden. It will be good to have you all here and I am looking forward to seeing you!

So let me tell you a few short stories.

Last weekend when Autumn was away for her hen party I managed to lock myself out of our apartment. When I closed the door I realized that one of the key wasn't on my Puma key chain. What are the odds?! Looking through the living room window I could actually see it, maybe a meter inside the door. For a while I was contemplating the idea of giving the door one of those tackles that you see people doing in movies, in order to force it open. But my better judgement kept me from going ahead with a plan, that indeed didn't seem to have any down sides to it. Instead I got helped by one of the neighbors to get in contact with the owners of the building. That neighbor even printer out maps for me so I could drive and get another set of keys from the owner. So neighbors can actually be good for something else than not making too much noise.

I realized today that I haven't tried "Fish Tacos", and don't particularly feel like trying it either. But on the grounds of that I can't really say anything about any kind of food before I have actually tried it, I guess that there will come a day, even for Fish Tacos.

We went to a Cafe yesterday here that reminded me a bit of Åbacka in Linköping. Nice place.

I hope the weekend find you all rested and prepared for a new week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also had a key incident this weekend. Not my keys though. It involved a rather big american girl... (think Amazon), a pair of lost keys, an engine driver, getting two hours of sleep and ending up paying for a train ticket to Uppsala and back.

It's been a good weekend.


Today, probably because the aforesaid lack of sleep, i overslept, and now i'm three hours behind on my schedule, so i guess i'd better get cracking on Sherlock Holmes - Incident at Victoria Falls.

Love and peace!
-d

Stick said...

Must Not Snigger At Brother Getting Locked Out. So, I'll snigger at the "I can think of no downside!" reference, instead.

Dentist, check. Haircut, soon to be check. Clothes-shopping, tomorrow-check. Parental units meeting pre-trip, check.

Hey. We're really going, aren't we? :)

Linda said...

vi ska läsa Miroslav nu, med Annica och Kalle.. får snacka om den sen, via blogg eller mail

Mange said...

Kanon!